- I met up with friend Becky, from high school, who thought my public library was the most amazing library she'd ever seen. (Then we went to the most fabulous bakery that's right across the street!)
- I introduced Michelle's twins to the incredible Enchanted Forest in our children's section. They loved "meeting" the Very Hungry Caterpillar and sitting in a little house to read.
- My younger teen daughter was excited to pick up TTYL (written by Lauren Myracle in online chat speak) and The Battle of Jericho by Sharon Draper (a fave author). This was exciting for me, but the cherry on top of the sundae came when we stepped into the magazine section. She couldn't believe all the different topics she could choose from (Birds! Fashion! Hollywood!)
- I joined the adult reading club and already won a nifty bookmark with seeds to plant in the garden. One more book (we only had to read 8... no problem here!) and I win another prize!
- I have become a regular customer of the "book holds" area. One day I got four emails telling me my holds were in. I felt like a celebrity!
I wish everyone could have a library, as cool as mine, and within walking distance from their home.
I wish the library was open 24/7, so anyone could get a book anytime.
I wonder if the library would ever consider having an overnight, lock-in event. My friend Becky and I thought (at the very same time) how cool that would be.
Do you love your library?
|Slice of Life stories are hosted by|
Two Writing Teachers