Join the Slice of Life writing challenge!
Yes, YOU can write 31 blog posts, too!
Two Writing Teachers
Whoa. March 1st came QUICKLY this year, even though January and February dragged on.
It's my 8th year of writing, and I owe my participation to my friend and fellow reading teacher, Michelle at Literacy Learning Zone, who gave me a nudge and the bravery to write wayyy back in 2012.
Since it's my 8th year, here are 8 facts about me...
1) I've been married to Jeff for nearly 29 years. We met in junior high. As the story goes, I tried to shove him in a locker because he was annoying and would have fit back then.
2) I'm mom to Lindsey, 22 and Allison, 20. I am working on transitioning from "all in" parenting to giving them space. It's hard!
3) I serve as a Reading Specialist at an elementary school (K-5th). I love my job!
4) I try to read across genres and book types (graphic novels, easy readers, YA) so I can talk books with nearly anyone.
5) Favorites: cowl-neck sweatshirts, sneakers, dark chocolate, vanilla lattes, penguins.
6) If I must exercise, I enjoy walking outside, weather permitting!
7) I tend to talk A LOT and tell stories in a circular fashion.
8) On September 8th, I will be 50!
Nice to meet you!
Happy first day of the slicing challenge to all who participate!