|Read more Slice of Life stories at|
Two Writing Teachers
2017 started yesterday, right? Yeesh - I'm 38 days late to that party! Whooosh - this new year is already flying by. Lots of excuses and reasons I haven't written on the blog or read a lot of books:
- grad school AGAIN (ESL endorsement 84% complete)
- new principal ('nuff said)
- second year at new school
- too much paperwork I keep putting off
- lots of political tweets and news and events to follow
- everything else has bumped writing out of the way
This year I'm trying something new (because I'm refining and trying strategies every day) of stopping and thinking before I jump in to: answer for someone else, raise my hand to volunteer or help a child or adult do something that they are capable of doing themselves.
So that leaves me with the question... what IS my One Little Word for 2017??
Calling all readers ... do you have some advice? I tend to talk about being intentional with my fellow teachers, but I'm too impulsive for that one.
Thanks for listening. It was good to write and get this out of my head.