|Read more Slice of Life stories|
at Two Writing Teachers
I'm trying to recognize the customers in my life and treat them very well. Sometimes it's tricky (when working with demanding adults) but most times it's very easy (when I see students).
My customer service habits include:
- Smiling and waving at students I see in the hallway.
- Chatting with students as they unpack their bags or wait in lines.
- Practicing great listening skills.
- Thanking colleagues for new information, papers, or stopping by.
- Ensuring my students that I'm glad they came to my class and worked so hard.
- Reminding former students that they can borrow books from my room.
- Trying to smile -- even when I'm tired, crabby or frustrated.
- Being approachable
What are your customer service skills? I'm glad I've reminded myself to keep smiling.