|Read more Slice of Life stories at|
Two Writing Teachers
I ordered my charter sign for my Little Free Library.
The one I plan to place in my yard.
The one I will fill with books for grown ups and little ones and curious neighbors.
I staged a little sign for social media (I wasn't brave enough to leave it in the yard, even just for a while).
Jeff (my fabulous hubby) promises to build me the library. He has a workshop full of tools and a keen eye for design. He claimed that once I got the charter sign, he would build the library around it. Now he travels every week for work. I have to be patient. Being patient is not easy for me.
Meanwhile, I'm working on how I will promote the library (once it's installed) and welcome my neighbors (some I really don't know!) to be involved in taking and giving books.
- ribbon cutting
- set up an info table next to my LFLibrary during our city's Labor Day festival (lots of people park on my street)
- write up a blurb for our city newsletter
- create a flyer for my neighbors' doors
- sit in my daughter's room and stare out the window at the library, wondering if I'm okay with complete strangers stopping in front of my house
- talking about said strangers with the neighbors on each side of me (communication is key)
I really have to be patient, and thinking of lots of ideas gets me excited and nervous at the same time. I'm glad to have the Little Free Library newsletters and website to help me out.
I also appreciate your suggestions!