Read more Slice of Life stories and
join the March Challenge at
It's Saturday evening and I am home. Hubby and I went out for dinner. Allison is with her friends and Lindsey is at school with her friends. Tweety, the parakeet, is sitting on my shoulder. (I think he missed me the most!)
As I look back on my spring break, I'm grateful for so much:
1) Parents who are healthy and enjoy traveling 2000 miles in their RV. My dad has been sending me funny pictures and text messages during their 6-week trip.
2) A brother who embraces his role as parent-in-charge of his boys and seeks to keep their minds and bodies active.
3) Two daughters who are brave, confident and forging their own paths in life (with some advice from their favorite mom).
4) A husband who knows when to remind me to stay focused and when to leave me alone when I'm working on important tasks.
5) Friends who I can call and text and visit at any time, about any subject, in any mood.
6) A group of writers (The Slicers!) who stop by my blog to read and share comments. (Thank you!)
7) A warm, inviting house (usually full of teenagers!) in a friendly neighborhood.
8) Students and colleagues that offer me smiles every day I walk into school.
9) Bookstores and libraries that have all the books I'm looking for, and authors who keep writing awesome books.
10) Sunny skies when the temperatures are low to keep us excited for spring to really arrive.