|Join the Slice of Life Challenge|
Write every day in March.
Rainy days can bring ideas.
Two Writing Teachers
Everyone was describing their spring break plans. The orchestra teacher is headed to New York with his wife and tickets to four Broadway shows. The math teacher is bound for Florida with her parents and sister. My fellow reading teacher is spending time with her teens and going on a college visit. I'm faced with a week at home, with my youngest daughter at classes and my husband in another town.
The teachers at the table decided to help me make a list of possible activities for my spring vacation. They encouraged me to accomplish the items on my must do list (passport renewal, doctors appointments) as well as some more exciting items. Our brainstorming included:
- pay it forward at Starbucks, paying for the order from the car behind me
- create a "car pool karaoke" video
- sleep through breakfast and enjoy brunch each day (at home or out)
- collect postcards of my town (if they exist!) and send them to friends
- mix up some DIY skin treatments and have a spa day
I have a hard time finishing things I must do, so I'll be using these ideas to inspire me to get my to do list finished. I'm also planning on binge reading a TON of books!
Looking foward to a week of sleeping without setting an alarm!